Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rainy Day Mood

Rain has this powerful affect on me. It's weird. If it rains steadily like it has since late last night, then my mood usually matches the weather. I feel lazy; it's too cold and wet to really get out and do anything. I feel frustrated; i can't stand getting splashed in the eyes with big 'ol drops of water or that misty, windy rain that slaps me around. And, when I DID get out today, I drove to a meeting that isn't happening until NEXT Tuesday (ughh..) and I went to a store that had NOTHING I was shopping for. AND let's talk about driving in the rain for a minute. No no no, let's talk about OLD people in Birmingham driving in the rain. (ok before I vent, I must tell you that I really enjoy the elderly, they're fun to talk to, wise, etc, etc and I know that one day, God-willing, I will be one but....) I am absolutely 100% for re-testing drivers over the age of 65. It's horrible. Especially in this old-money town in the middle of the day, IN THE RAIN. They wait til the very last second to cross two lanes of traffic, right in front of me, to turn....like they just realized they are where they need to be. They also drive no faster than about 35 mph anywhere! If that. Their reaction time is horrible, their vision is terrible....WHY do we allow them to get behind the wheel of one of the most deadly machines created by man??!!
Anyway, I'm done. It's the weather.

No comments: