Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have six minutes

to write until my piano student gets here.

I got my hair cut today. It's very liberating. I've been feeling like change is in the air....like it's coming. A new job? A new town? Something. I got impatient waiting for it so I just made it happen a little bit on my own. Today. By cutting my hair...six inches of it, off.
Change is good, scary when you like where you are, but good. Keeps you on your toes. Reminds you that the only home we'll ever know comes later. Not here. Not earth.
I am happy with the life I've been given. It's wonderful most times. Even when it's horrible it adds color to the canvas. Gotta have the dark to appreciate the light.
I've been writing more songs lately. I made a New Years resolution to start journaling again and I haven't. I've been writing some song ideas down and working on those a bit....IN my journal....but no real entries. Why is getting alone with my thoughts so hard? I know it's rewarding AFTER I do it, but it's like pulling teeth to do it. Maybe I'll start tonight.
I hear little voices outside. Time for some music.

No comments: